Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mom threw this together the last time I was at her house and I loved it. I didn't get her exact recipe, but I did my best to recreate it. This is a great, easy recipe for a fresh summer squash crop! I sometimes use a large onion instead of a small one. The onion really soaks up a lot of flavor when it cooks and I absolutely love it. Of course, I really like onion a lot. If you like onions a lot, I recommend using more than called for.
- In a medium-large skillet, heat oil and then add onions and zucchini.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 5 or 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add water, beef bullion granules, and salt. Cover and cook 15 minutes. (Check on zucchini during cooking and add more water if needed.).
- Remove lid and stir. Continue to cook, uncovered, until any remaining water is absorbed.
- Serve topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Always looking for new ways to cook zucchini, came across this and liked the sound of it. I also didnt add salt and didnt cook for so long as I find zucchini easily turns to mush. Very tasty result, love the added parmesan.
I never get tired of summer squash. This was so simple, but wonderful. I didn't cook mine quite as long as written before uncovering.... just personal preference. Because of the beef bouillon, I really didn't see the need for adding more salt; it was yummy as it was! Thanx for posting this.
I just made this and love it. I only had to cook it covered for 10 minutes before uncovering.