Recipe by Melanie2590
My mom threw this together the last time I was at her house and I loved it. I didn't get her exact recipe, but I did my best to recreate it. This is a great, easy recipe for a fresh summer squash crop! I sometimes use a large onion instead of a small one. The onion really soaks up a lot of flavor when it cooks and I absolutely love it. Of course, I really like onion a lot. If you like onions a lot, I recommend using more than called for.
Top Review by Evie*
Always looking for new ways to cook zucchini, came across this and liked the sound of it. I also didnt add salt and didnt cook for so long as I find zucchini easily turns to mush. Very tasty result, love the added parmesan.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini or 2 medium yellow squash, cut into thick slices and then quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3.69 ml beef bouillon granules
- 59.14 ml water
- salt (optional)
- fresh parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-large skillet, heat oil and then add onions and zucchini.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 5 or 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add water, beef bullion granules, and salt. Cover and cook 15 minutes. (Check on zucchini during cooking and add more water if needed.).
- Remove lid and stir. Continue to cook, uncovered, until any remaining water is absorbed.
- Serve topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese.