Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick and easy way to prepare some nice "Shrimp on the Barbie."
- 1 lb large shrimp (16-20 count)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is better)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 wooden skewers
- Peel and devein the shrimp; rinse and pat dry. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well to mix. Let marinate at room temperature at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Warm grill to high.
- Soak the skewers in water to avoid burning.
- Put 4-5 shrimp on each skewer, brush with any remaining marinade and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once.
Made these today for the AFL grand final, everyone enjoyed them. Followed the recipe exactly, I used mini skewers because I wanted them to go along way and everyone could have a tasted. The flavour was yummy, they were so easy to prepare. Thank you Lance in Tacoma.