Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple tasty salad for a summer evening or a light meal. The recipe comes from Womans Day Magazine. You can make you own croutons by baking cubed bread on a baking sheet in a 400°F oven about 5 minutes or until crisp.
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing, plus
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin, steak cut crosswise in 1/4 inch thick slices (Slightly frozen meat slices easier)
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed greens (7 cups)
- 2 cups croutons
- Heat 2 tablespoons salad dressing in a large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add beef; stir-fry 2 minutes until just cooked through.
- Remove beef to plate.
- Heat 1/2 cup salad dressing in skillet, add carrots and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Toss beef and carrots with salad greens and croutons.
- Serve immediately.
This is great when you're in a pinch. Next time I will marinate the steak, and then pan-sear it, so it can get some color (mine looked kinda greyish). Thank you Barb.
We thoroughly enjoyed this salad. I used tenderizer on the steak before cooking, otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. My DH wants to marinate the steak in the dressing, next time then grill it out. My son thinks this salad would be good as a wrap, (stuffed in a tortilla.) As you can tell - we all enjoyed it and want to have it again.