Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice crispy chicken thats baked in the oven. Hope you enjoy this. Can easily be doubled.
- 236.59 ml cracker crumb, your preference
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml fine sea salt
- 2.46 ml sweet paprika
- 1.23-2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 1 whole roasting chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients for coating chicken in bowl; mix well.
- Brush the chicken lightly with oil and roll in the coating mix.
- Place on cookie sheet, covered with tin foil and bake for 1 hour.
I noted that the fat content is a bit high in the Nutrition Facts. This can be reduced by spraying the chicken pieces. Using an oil spray will greatly reduce the fat content.
The receipe is very easy to modify: number of chicken pieces, crumb types, seasoning (take dried chilies and grind them to a powder), etc. I can even see using other meats, e.g., fish, pork chops, slices of pork tenderloin . . .
This is soooo delicious. Really easy, and the flavour is amazing. Just enough cayanne to warm your tastebuds. I used panko crumbs in place of the cracker crumbs. I baked two bone-in chicken breasts, and after shaking the topping on in a plastic bag, sprayed with cooking spray and then added more of the mix on top, I've tried lots of 'oven fried' recipes, but this is by far the best. Thanks Baby Kato! Made for Auzzie/NZ Recipe Swap #28
I made this as for 4 serves though I was only serving 3 and used 3 maryland cuts (thigh and drumstick/leg intact). Made as per recipe except I used finely grated sharp cheddar as I am the only one who likes parmesan (the others refer to is as stinky or sphew cheese especially when cooked), the end result after an hour of baking at 175C fan forced was moist and very crispy chicken, thank you Baby Kato, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #73 February 2013.