Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From a Maryland Apple website. Not from the pie man.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- Sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt into greased 8” square baking pan.
- Make three depressions in dry ingredients.
- Pour vinegar into one, vanilla into a second and oil into the third.
- Spoon applesauce over all. Mix well until smooth.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. When cool cut into squares. Top with whipped cream or applesauce. Makes 8 servings.