Recipe by ChrisMc
This is a classic summertime dish in my family - great on hot summer days. We usually had this with sliced tomatoes (eat them raw with salt and pepper) and sliced cucumbers in vinegar with pepper. I don't use mayonnaise enough to have gotten used to fat free mayo, but if you're used to it, please feel free to substitute. I usually cook the pasta in a pot with a lid, then mix the salad in the cooking pot to save cleanup time. Cook time is just for the pasta; prep time does not include chilling.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Great basic shrimp and pasta salad. Makes a great lunch over leafy greens. I added a little low fat sour cream to moisten it some more. Also added some Old Bay seasoning to perk it up a bit. I'll make this again. Thanx!
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 16 ounces shrimp, cooked,peeled,and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until al dente, then drain and cool.
- Stir in onions, celery, and shrimp.
- Stir in just enough mayonnaise to coat.
- I usually use between 1/2 and 3/4 cup, but adjust to your taste.
- Season with salt and pepper and chill overnight before serving.