Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Paula Deen recipe for Shrimp Salad. I have made a few changes to suit my family. It is simple and very good. I made it for my Mother-in-Law's wedding and served it with crackers. I was asked for the recipe several times
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄2 onion, finely minced
- 1 dash celery salt
- 1 dash of tony's creole seasoning (I use more)
- Place shrimp in a food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- Transfer shrimp to a bowl and add eggs and other ingredients. Mix well and chill.
- Serve as a sandwich or with crackers.
All hands on deck. Prepare for battle stations. Swab the decks. Clean the galley. Make preparations at 10 hundred hours for DH's family arriving. Vaccuum the dog. Alphabetize the spice rack. Fill my prescription (tequila). All went well. They loved the shrimp salad and they're now gone.
Simple, but it's really is great. I made this just as written (using mayo) and a bit more than a dash of creole seasoning. Makes a great pita sandwich. Thanx for posting!
This is a simple yet very tasty salad. Great as sandwich or as as dip with crackers. I added 1tsp of lemon juice and a dash or two of hot sauce, and allowed to sit in refrigator overnight. Thanks for the submission