Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just tried these for the first time last weekend, really tasty.
- 1 small red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 lbs cooked shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- In a food processor place the onion and cilantro and pulse until chopped.
- Add the shrimp and pulse for a further 6 seconds.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- In a heavy based frying pan, heat the oil until med/hot.
- Place dessertspoonfuls of batter into fry pan and cook on each side for no more than one minute, or until golden.
- Transfer to a hot oven and continue making'cakes' until complete (you may need to use more oil for frying) Serve hot from oven with more chilli sauce.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of cilantro.
nice light recipe, i served it over roasted asparagus with an oriental salad,