Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is based off of the "Original Strawberry Shortcake Recipe" that I have also posted. I served it with an un-sugared mixture of cut-up strawberries and blueberries and topped it with canned whipped cream. As easy at it gets, and a lot less calories too!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, Splenda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or a large fork.
- Whisk the egg into the milk.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture into the well.
- Mix with a fork until the ingredients just stick together.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a greased round cake pan or square baking dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with fruit, jam, whipped cream, chocolate sauce or whatever else suits your fancy.