Recipe by cupcakesbyRachel
This recipe has been used in my family forever. It's incredibly simple, easy and fast to prepare. There's not much to it, but the taste is amazing! Note: This is mostly a recipe for the marinade, so you may use anything you'd like on your shish kabobs (ie veggies, meat, etc), but this is what we put on ours. Also, cut everything up in 1 inch, bite-sized pieces to go on the skewers.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (Kikkomans is the very best)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 -2 chopped garlic clove
- 1 lb steak (cubed)
- 1 onion
- 3 hot sausages
- 2 green peppers
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple (bite-sized)
- cherry tomatoes
- skewer (if you're using wood ones, soak them in water so they don't burn on the grill)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk the soy sauce, sugar and garlic together. The marinade will be thick and syrupy. Throw in the steak and marinade for at least 2 hours. Marinade overnight for the fullest flavor.
- When it's time to assemble your skewers, throw all the veggies together and pour the marinade over it and make sure all is coated. (You do not need to pour the marinade on the hot sausage or pinapple).
- Assemble the skewers however you would like, alternating all the ingredients to give variety.
- Heat up the grill on medium and cook until the meat is done as you please.