Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious, addictive dish that I have only tried once since going vegan. I remember this from my childhood, but it was made with real ground beef. I would be interested to see what variations people come up with on this. Some recipes add mushrooms, tomatoes, etc but I have never tried any other variations.
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can peas
- 2 -3 medium potatoes
- 2 cups veggie burgers (prepared, ground)
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In large frying pan, sauté onion and "veggie burger" until thoroughly cooked. Add corn, peas, garlic, salt, and pepper. You may want to use a little cooking oil to keep from sticking. Cook thoroughly. This is the bottom layer of the pie.
- Boil potatoes and mash as desired. I typically add butter, milk, a dash of salt and pepper, and a little garlic. This is the top layer of the pie.
- Once pie is prepared, spread shredded cheddar cheese across top and broil on low until crispy.