Recipe by Kaebella
I've made this for years and my friends and family love it. It's such a hearty and easy meal to make. Leftovers are like a hug after a hard day of work. YUM! You need to flavor the meat, so you can use a taco seasoning packet, onion soup mix, or your own concoction). Here's an example... http://www.recipezaar.com/38756
Top Review by MandeeO
This was so good! The reason I only gave 4 stars instead of 5 was because I made a couple small changes. I used real mashed potatoes, and I had green beans on hand in my freezer so I just used those instead of the peas and corn. Very good though I will definitely make again.
- 6 cups instant mashed potatoes, Hungry Jack
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups corn
- 2 teaspoons spices (see notes above)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make instant potatoes according to box (12 servings = 6 cups) – set aside.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Sauté Onion in butter until clear.
- Brown ground beef until its crumbled and cooked thoroughly - drain fat if needed.
- Stir in spices with ½ cup water and cook for a few minutes (I use a taco seasoning packet, or whatever I have on hand).
- Spread a thin layer of potatoes on the bottom of a lasagna pan (this will hold the servings together).
- Next, spread a layer ground beef.
- Sprinkle cheese.
- Layer corn and peas.
- Top with the remaining potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and golden brown.