Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very simple recipe to make. The dough can be prepared ahead and baked when you are ready. I always get requests for the recipe for these. I "think" I got this from Bon Appetit years ago, but I'm really not sure.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- In large mixer bowl cream butter.
- Gradually add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and mix just until combined.
- Stir in sesame seed, coconut and almonds just until well mixed.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Place one third on long sheet of wax paper.
- Shape into a long roll 2 inches in diameter.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets 30 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.