Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Yum! I love spinach and this simple recipe turns the colourful vegetable into a delicious side dish. This quick, cool dish is great with fish or chicken. Enjoy!
- 1892.72 ml boiling water
- 3785.44 ml fresh spinach
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml dark sesame oil (regular sesame oil works in a pinch)
- 9.85 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 2.46 ml sugar
- Place spinach in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 1 minute.
- Strain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Squeeze out excess liquid and return to bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds and sugar. Stir into spinach and serve.
Nif I agree Yum is the word! I made as written, chopping the spinach and serving in baked acorn squash bowls. We loved the light Asian flavors and that the spinach was perfectly with just the 1 minute in boiling water. This is a true keeper that we will be enjoying again. Thanks for the post.
Simple and delicious! I used less sesame oil and made half the recipe. I liked the method of blanching the spinach. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
Spinach is our favorite vegetable and this recipe didn't disappoint. The blanching time was perfect and the Asian flavor was a nice change from our normal way of eating this delicious veggie. I took Debbwl idea and also served this spinach in acorn squash bowls (except I grilled ours). This will definitely be used again. Thanks for another winner. Made for team Tasty Testers for the Asian round during ZWT9.