Recipe by Nif
Yum! I love spinach and this simple recipe turns the colourful vegetable into a delicious side dish. This quick, cool dish is great with fish or chicken. Enjoy!
Top Review by Debbwl
Nif I agree Yum is the word! I made as written, chopping the spinach and serving in baked acorn squash bowls. We loved the light Asian flavors and that the spinach was perfectly with just the 1 minute in boiling water. This is a true keeper that we will be enjoying again. Thanks for the post.
- 8 cups boiling water
- 16 cups fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil (regular sesame oil works in a pinch)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place spinach in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 1 minute.
- Strain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Squeeze out excess liquid and return to bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds and sugar. Stir into spinach and serve.