Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick way to flavor chicken; because it's thick, you can baste instead of having to marinate. I suggested a couple of different ways to prepare this.
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml honey
- 14.79 ml roasted sesame seeds
- 14.78 ml fresh ginger, minced or 9.85 ml ground ginger
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- Blend the soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds, and ginger well.
- Baste the chicken breasts and broil or grill 5-8 minutes on each side, brushing frequently with sauce.
- Alternately, cube the chicken and baste/marinate in the sauce, then fry in very hot oil and serve with vegetables over rice as a stir-fry.
so yummy, i cubed the chicken and cooked down the sauce to reduce it. served this with some brown rice and veggies. the sauce is delish :-) thanks for posting
Fabulous! I made this for dinner tonight and we all loved it. I did add some green onions, garlic, peppers and a bit of crushed red pepper flakes. This is very close to what you get in Chinese restaurants.
The sauce didn't have as much sesame flavor as I would have liked and on the grill it burned and turned black and not so tasty. Next time I think I would try adding some garlic and red pepper flakes to give it a bit more flavor.