Recipe by Princess Lisa
Pan seared scallops with balsamic white wine sauce. As is from Cooking Light September 2002. I usually add either a touch of thyme or some penzey's mural of flavor at the end to liven up the sauce.
Top Review by mama smurf
Heaven!! I love sea scallops or really any scallops and this recipe let the flavor come through! Followed the instructions completely and definately will make these again. Putting this recipe in my Favorites of 2012. Thank you for posting. Made for PAC Orphanage tag game.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh parsley sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add scallops. Seal bag, and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add wine and vinegar to pan; cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring with a whisk. Stir in scallops; remove from heat. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.