Recipe by Corilayn
A versatile, and very simple recipe. I didn't have cream cheese, so I came up with this. Next time I will add parmesan and other cheeses. The ingredient amount was done by eyeballing it. Add as much or as little as you'd like. As for special notes about this recipe, this is a base recipe, with the ingredients I had onhand. I definetly plan on adding herbs and cheeses in the future. Prep and cook time does not include if you have to shell crab, prawns or sear scallops first. We did, but we caught our crab :) Footnote: The next day, we had quite a bit left over so I added a couple of whisked eggs to the dip, filled frozen tart shells and baked them... again I forgot cheese, but they were delicious.
- 3 cups crabmeat
- 1 1⁄2 cups prawns
- 2 cups sea scallops, I seared mine seperately and then added
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced (to taste)
- 1 onion, semi-finely diced
- 1 cup artichoke heart, finely chopped (I just used a can of artichoke hearts)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute butter, onions, minced garlic,and artichoke hearts over low heat until tender and fragrant. About 15 minutes.
- I seared my scallops in a little butter and oil because they were raw.
- Add all seafood and crab juice,(when I cooked the crab I used a tblsp or so of the crab cooking water) mix well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with bread or crackers, or use as a spread on garlic bread.
- At this point next time, I will transfer it to a casserole dish and top with cheese, and bake till bubbly.