Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is great on any seafood - from shrimp to swordfish. Just brush on during the last few minutes of cooking.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce (Heinz for instance)
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (Paul Prudhommes brand or your favourite)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- In a 2 quart saucepan, heat the oil and butter on medium.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, chili sauce. seafood seasoning, worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce to taste, if using.
- Stir well and reduce the heat to medium high.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil and stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes to reduce by one third and thicken.
- Remove sauce from heat and use.
- Or cool and refrigerate , covered for up to 1 week.
- The sauce can also be frozen in small portions in freezer weight plastic containers for up to 3 months.
- Defrost in refrigerator and use within 3 days.
- To use the sauce:.
- Brush on shrimp or seafood kabobs during the last few minutes while grilling over medium heat, until the seafood is done to personal preference.
- Additional sauce can be passed for dipping at the table.