Babs in Toyland's Note:
This sauce is great on any seafood - from shrimp to swordfish. Just brush on during the last few minutes of cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2 quart saucepan, heat the oil and butter on medium.
- 2Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 3Add the chicken broth, chili sauce. seafood seasoning, worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce to taste, if using.
- 4Stir well and reduce the heat to medium high.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Boil and stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes to reduce by one third and thicken.
- 7Remove sauce from heat and use.
- 8Or cool and refrigerate , covered for up to 1 week.
- 9The sauce can also be frozen in small portions in freezer weight plastic containers for up to 3 months.
- 10Defrost in refrigerator and use within 3 days.
- 11To use the sauce:.
- 12Brush on shrimp or seafood kabobs during the last few minutes while grilling over medium heat, until the seafood is done to personal preference.
- 13Additional sauce can be passed for dipping at the table.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Seafood Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1027 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.8
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 3041.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g