Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My brother cooked these for me when i was back in England last year. we sat on the lawn and ate these with strawberry jam and clotted cream..delicious.
- 8 ounces self raising flour
- 1 ounce sugar
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Rub butter into flour and add cream of tartar, salt, baking soda,and sugar. mix.
- Add the eggs and milk, mix well.
- roll mixture out to 1/2 inch thick and cut into rounds using a cookie cutter.
- Bake on a greased cookie tin at 400* for 15 minutes.