Recipe by Stars-n-Atoms
These scallops are simple and amazing. The key to amazing scallops is choosing the best quality scallops for this recipe. I recommend getting block frozen scallops or previously block frozen from your butcher or fish monger. These scallops will have the best texture and taste and are not plumped up with additional water like IQF (individually quick frozen) scallops.
- 12 -24 scallops (1-inch-1.5-inch in diameter)
- 6 -12 bacon, strips (split in half)
- 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce
- mccormick's McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- wasabi powder
- toothpick (wooden, not minted or waxed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost Scallops in fridge.
- once defrosted, rinse scallops well under cool water. Then sit out each scallop on paper towels to absorb excess water. Turn each scallop over so each side is dried off.
- Next, Take one slice of bacon that is halved and one scallop and wrap around the circumfrence of the scallop. Secure with one tooth pick. Continue until each scallop has been wrapped. Place scallops on broiler pan with enough room between each one so they do not bump into each other.
- Set Oven on Broil with oven rack placed on top of oven in broiling position.
- Next with a basting brush paint Tamari sauce on top of each scallop, once over each is enough. Then sprinkle the tops of each scallop evenly and lightly with McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning, Wasabi powder, salt and pepper.
- Place broiler pan in oven on top rack for 4 minutes.
- Then pull out broiler pan, Using tongs, turn each scallop over and contiune to cook another 4 minutes.
- Serve while still hot.