1/1 Photo of Simple Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
These scallops are simple and amazing. The key to amazing scallops is choosing the best quality scallops for this recipe. I recommend getting block frozen scallops or previously block frozen from your butcher or fish monger. These scallops will have the best texture and taste and are not plumped up with additional water like IQF (individually quick frozen) scallops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Defrost Scallops in fridge.
- 2once defrosted, rinse scallops well under cool water. Then sit out each scallop on paper towels to absorb excess water. Turn each scallop over so each side is dried off.
- 3Next, Take one slice of bacon that is halved and one scallop and wrap around the circumfrence of the scallop. Secure with one tooth pick. Continue until each scallop has been wrapped. Place scallops on broiler pan with enough room between each one so they do not bump into each other.
- 4Set Oven on Broil with oven rack placed on top of oven in broiling position.
- 5Next with a basting brush paint Tamari sauce on top of each scallop, once over each is enough. Then sprinkle the tops of each scallop evenly and lightly with McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning, Wasabi powder, salt and pepper.
- 6Place broiler pan in oven on top rack for 4 minutes.
- 7Then pull out broiler pan, Using tongs, turn each scallop over and contiune to cook another 4 minutes.
- 8Serve while still hot.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 2196.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 18.9 g