Recipe by Chef floWer
Entry for Chef #200736 - This is a quick recipe for canapes when you're entertaining or when you want a snack. It's easy to put together. You may cook the scallops on the BBQ or on a pan (as directed). Enjoy.
Top Review by Kelly M.
This sauce was delicious. The flavors were perfect in my opinion. It was very chunky though, and it was difficult to get a taste of the onion, cucs, etc when just dipping the scallops into the sauce. All I could get was the liquid but but none of the veggies. I would change the way it was served and maybe serve in small lettuce cups or make lettuce wraps using the smaller bay scallops and spooning the sauce over top, and sprinkle with sesame seeds, which I think would be great toasted. Very very nice entry for the contest!
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 10 scallops
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, for garnish (leaves only)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons cucumbers, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons carrots, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, fresh and finely diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients for dipping sauce in a small mixing bowl and mix until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Spray cooking oil in pan, heat pan on a medium heat then cook the scallops on both sides for about 4 minutes each side or until lightly brown.
- Add cooked scalloped on individual tooth picks then garnish with cilantro leaves and sesame seeds.
- Serve with dipping sauce.