Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs scallops
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- breadcrumbs (topping)
- cheese, Grated (topping)
- Combine all ingredients except toppings, cutting large scallops in half, and place on individual baking shells or a shallow rectangular casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with medium layers of bread crumbs and grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This was delicious! I only had the small scallops on hand this time but next time I will use the big ones. I was glad I had about 3 1/2 lbs. because the small ones shrink so much. This did produce a lot of liquid, which actually helped because I served it over pasta. My husband ate a huge amount for dinner and the the rest as a snack late at night! Like I said, next time I will use the bigger scallops and also up the tarragon. Thanks!
This is really good & very easy! I used one pound of sea scallops, reduced fat cream of mushroom soup & fresh mushrooms (which may have made this a little more soupy). I also added some chopped leftover broccoli too. Since it was half the scallops & it looked to be done, I took these out at 30 minutes. This was good. Would be good over pasta or served with rice.
Since I can't stand canned mushrooms, I used sliced baby bellas (baby portabella mushrooms). The flavors all worked really well together. The cheese I used was Asiago, shredded. Overall, the dish is easy to prepare and takes almost no time at all!