Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
K, so I needed a dinner in a flash one night and I had just bought imitation scallops that are made of haddock--cheap and tasted so real. Anyway, this was total comfort food--nice and warm--makes just enough for 1.
- 75 g scallops
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon shallots or 1 tablespoon onion, if you prefer
- 2 tablespoons red peppers
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- Preheat pan to medium heat.
- Spray with canola oil spray.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Sear the scallops for approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the scallops from the pan.
- Put garlic, shallot, and red pepper in pan and sauté for 1-1/2 minutes till browned.
- Add in couscous and diced tomatoes.
- Add a bit of water if necessary and cook on low for a while.
- Right before plating add scallops back in, add parsley and basil and squeeze on the fresh lemon juice.