Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the way my husband prepares scallops;simple and simply good. The flour coating gives the scallops a crispy exterior and makes extra tasty; nothing to distract from the sweet taste of the scallops.
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 2 tablespoons flour, fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Mix Old Bay seasoning into flour.
- Roll scallops in flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add scallops; sauté 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Serve with rice pilaff or roasted potatoes and asparagus.
Excellent and simple. I added a touch more Old Bay.
Great recipe. My 8 year old grandson ate hlf of them by himself. Should of doubled it. I would of like a little more bold flavor. Next time I will add garlic like several other reviewers suggested and maybe a pinch of cayanne
Simple but good. We loved these scallops. I followed the recipe other then I didn't measure the Old Bay, I just dumped it on. We all enjoyed these. Made for ZWT5.