Recipe by Tebo
An easy and quick scallop dish. This could be spiced up with Old Bay Seasoning or some tabasco!
Top Review by yogi
Wonderful, creamy scallops! My son said it tastes like something he had at Red Lobster...you know that's a fantastic compliment coming from a 16 yr old boy!! I used one pound of scallops instead of the 1/2 lb. and it was fine. Next time (and there WILL be a next time!) I may try fat free half & half.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup pale dry sherry
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley or 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb baby scallops
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic, butter, sherry, mushrooms, scallions and parsley in a saucepan.
- Saute 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add scallops, stir and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add flour, stir to incorporate.
- Slowly add the half and half stirring until thickened and scallops are tender.
- Serve in a bowl or over rice.