My mother asked me to bring scalloped to Thanksgiving dinner. This is my usual recipe. It's really easy to make. When I first started making it DD asked me to add chopped broccoli to it next time. When she's home I do just that. It adds a nice bit of colour and flavour to this dish. If you use your food processor to slice the potatoes and chop the onions, preparation is a breeze. Found in Anne Lindsay's Lighthearted Everyday Cooking.
- Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with nonstick coating.
- Arrange 1/3 of the potatoes over the bottom of the dish, sprinkle with 1/2 of the onion and top with 1/2 of the flour.
- Repeat the layers then arrange the remaining potatoes over the top.
- Pour the hot milk over everything and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour at 350F or until the potatoes are tender.