Recipe by Chef Amy Gnaster
If you need some fast and good at the last minute, everyone has the ingredients for this recipe.
- 6 -7 large idaho potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped to preference
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup of preferred milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Peel skin off potatoes.
- Slice potatoes into thin potato chip like pieces.
- Layer potatoes at bottom of small casserole baking dish until bottom of dish is covered.
- Sprinkle with chopped onion.
- Cut butter into thin slices and lay about five slices (spread out) over the onion and potatoes.
- Repeat last three steps and continue layering potatoes, onion and butter until 3/4 of dish is full.
- Add a cup of milk.
- Bake at 400°F for approx 45 minute or until potatoes are tender and desired brownness.