1/2 Photos of Simple Savory Turkey Burgers With Zucchini Relish
A "Burger of the Month" from Everyday with Rachael Ray. I switched up the recipe a bit, as I don't keep fresh herbs on hand. The relish is good, but you can certainly serve the burger without and it will be just as yummy!!! Sometimes instead of topping them with the cheese, I stuff them with swiss or cheddar cheese. . .so good! And sometimes I make them into sliders, making 6 burgers instead of 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/2 tablespoon grill seasoning (I used Canadian steak seasoning and it's wonderful)
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard (you can also use stoneground mustard)
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 English muffins
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, grill seasoning, mustard and poultry seasoning.
- 2Form 4 patties. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each to prevent bulging while cooking. Let the patties sit so the flavors blend while you make the relish.
- 3In a small bowl, combine zucchini, bell pepper, onion, hot sauce, lime juice, tomatoes and salt to taste. Set aside.
- 4Spray your large skillet with cooking spray (or use one turn of olive oil) and place it over med-high heat. Add the patties and cook until the juices run clear, which is about 5 minutes on each side. During the last minute of cooking, top each burger with a cheese slice so that it melts.
- 5Toast and butter the English Muffins. Set a lettuce leaf and burger on each muffin bottom and top with a spoonful of zucchini relish and the muffin top. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Savory Turkey Burgers With Zucchini Relish
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.8
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 509.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 40.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: