Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's a simple formula that lets spinach shine and will never go out of favor. Saute spinach (or any greens) with garlic and add a squeeze of lemon (or vinegar) at the end for a touch of tartness. From Eating Well magazine, October 2008.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add spinach, and toss to coat.
- Cover and cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Toss to coat and serve immediately.
I simply loved this. In fact; I love it so much, I ate the whole portion myself. I am ashamed, but hey! It was so good. I followed this exactly, I didn't change one thing, except reduce the EVOO to 1 teaspoon and added 1 teaspoon of butter. I know, my bad'. Oh but this is so good, you will want to go and grab spinach right from the garden or just your store would be fine. I added some red bell peppers for a pretty color. Thanks Florida Native! This was terrific! Made for your AFC football win! January 2009.
I use the same recipe. Love it. I substitue red wine vinegar for the lemon juice if I don't have a lemon.
Very good. Amazing how much it cooks down. I made half a recipe for 2 people and we each ended up with maybe slightly more than half a cup on our plates!