Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
So many stuffed mushroom recipes call for mixing, chopping and pre-cooking the sausage. This one is so simple the little ones can help out. It takes just a matter of minutes to get them ready to pop in the oven. Since the sausage actually cooks in the mushroom the sausage flavor is bolder. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
- 1 lb regular sized mushroom (remember finger food)
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage, HOT is the best
- fresh grated asiago cheese or parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly spray a rimmed baking pan with PAM.
- Remove and discard mushrooms stems.
- Rinse mushrooms and place on pan.
- Stuff mushrooms with uncooked sausage (trust me).
- Top mushrooms with a dusting of grated cheese and place in oven for approximately 30 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and cheese is toasty brown.
- Serve these warm.
I can't believe that such simplistic ingredients can bring forth such a tasty little appetizer. These were awesome! Gobbled up in no time. Thanks!