Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nothing like hearty, delicious lasagna. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Annual Recipes 2008.
Make and share this Simple Sausage Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the eggs, cottage cheese, parmesan, parsley and seasonings.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Layer with 3 noodles, 1/3 of the cheese, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.