1 hr 15 mins
Nothing like hearty, delicious lasagna. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Annual Recipes 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- 2Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the eggs, cottage cheese, parmesan, parsley and seasonings.
- 4Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- 5Layer with 3 noodles, 1/3 of the cheese, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- 6Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- 7Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- 8Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Sausage Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.7
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.3 mg
- Sodium 794.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 35.2 g