Recipe by Nif
These pizzas are easy to make and don’t take much time at all. The crust is thin and crunchy and the toppings are a great mixture of flavors. These are enjoyed by kids and adults alike!
Top Review by weekend cooker
Made for the guys that helped put up a fence in my backyard, and this definately fit the bill, there was 4 of them ,ended up with the 10 mini pizzas, and they ate them all. I did have 1, and it was very enjoyable, I did reheat mine, as I had a late lunch, but nonetheless, really enjoyed it, and would not hesitate to make again.
- 10 refrigerated biscuits, regular size (1 package)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, remove meat from casings (use spicy if you like heat)
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped or sliced)
- 1⁄2-1 cup spaghetti sauce or 1⁄2-1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- On 2 baking sheets covered with either parchment paper or a silicone non-stick baking mat, place 5 biscuits on each. With your fingers, press biscuits down and stretch them until they are about 6 inches wide. They will be quite thin. Bake crusts for the same time that the package says to cook the biscuits or until lightly browned.
- While the crusts are baking, heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add sausage meat and break up as you stir, for about 3 minutes. Add onion and sauté for 5 more minutes. Turn off heat when meat is cooked and onions are soft. Stir in basil.
- When pizza crusts are done, add a spoonful of sauce to the top of each one, using as much or as little as you like. Divide sausage mixture between the crusts. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 8 to 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Make sure that crusts do not burn.
- Cut and serve.