1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This doesn't have the gingersnaps, and we eat it over buttered egg noodles. I can make it in as little as 25 minutes in the pressure cooker, or leave it in the crock pot all day. My family likes it best out of the oven though. Thanks, "Best of Bridge" ladies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs round steaks or 1 1/2 lbs beef, simmering cut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (25 g) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup onion, minced (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (340 g) package broad egg noodles, cooked according to instructions
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1Trim steak and cut into 1 inch cubes or slices.
- 2Brown in hot oil.
- 3Remove from skillet and place in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 4Add gravy mix and water to skillet and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 5Stir in remaining ingredients (except the noodles).
- 6Cover and bake at 325F (160C) for 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Remove bay leaf and serve sauerbraten piping hot over noodles.
- 8Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley as garnish.
- 9This can be prepared the night before and cooked in a crock pot on low all day.
- 10Or you can brown the meat, then finish it in a pressure cooker in 25 minutes after work.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Sauerbraten
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.7
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 474.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 26.6 g