Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had a craving for sangria and I found this on about.com. I just clarified the directions a little bit. It's a very simple recipe. Ideally you want to chill overnight but I tried after seven hours (couldn't wait) and I thought it tasted really good. Time doesn't include chilling.
- Slice the orange and lemon into thin slices. You can also cut them into smaller pieces (wedges) if you wish. Throw out the ends and any seeds.
- Pour wine into large pitcher, slightly squeeze fruit juice into the wine. Put fruit into the pitcher.
- Add the sugar and brandy.
- Stir and chill overnight.
- When ready to serve add the ginger ale and stir gently.
- Add lemon or orange slices as a garnish (optional).
Had a Fall PAC 2011 tasting party at my house, and we all gave this sangria recipe 5 stars....
Simply WOW!!! This is not only easy but potent!! Made it a couple of weekends ago and it was loved by all!! Like Gerry said, it is simple to make up and tastes like you spent hours in the making!! I used Shiraz!! This will be in with my "keepers".
Love to serve Sangrias for those summer gatherings. Searching for a few new recipes to add something new had me note yours. What a find - a simple to make Sangria that can be made up and ready to go at moments notice yet tasting like you spent hours in the making! Yes love this one. Used Zinfandel and will try the Shiraz next. PS I didn't wait 24 hours to give it a taste either! Thank you for a new addition to my summer refreshments!