Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my husband's everyday favorite... Seriously. He eats this at least once a day, except on Fridays, when he chooses to abstain from meat. Doesn't usually matter what else I cook, he's eating this...
- Slice pork loin into chops if you want, to make it easier to shred and to allow it to cook faster, if you're in a hurry. We do this sometimes, but not always.
- Place pork loin in 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Pour salsa verde over pork loin.
- Pour water into cans and swish them around, to get the salsa verde that's clinging to the cans, then pour over salsa verde. The amount of water is not an exact science, but you want enough water to cover the pork when you're done.
- Plug in slow cooker, turn on low, and let it cook for 12-18 hours, to let it brown nicely. (It is "done" and safe to eat after 8 hours, but the flavor is so much more intense after 12-18 hours, that's how we cook it.).
- Using a couple of forks, shred the pork after 6-8 hours.
- Serve over brown rice (or white rice, or noodles, or in tortillas -- The possibilities are endless. You can get some inspiration from http://www.cozi.com/live-simply/recipes/salsa-verde-pork-burrito-bowls. This is what we started with, but we don't bother with all the rest of that.).