Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe from The Comfort Food Diet cookbook of Taste of Home. It's really good. I used only mild salsa because of my son. He liked this recipe. It would be great with a spicy salsa.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (I omitted it)
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded (or any other cheese you like)
- Place chicken in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt. Combine salsa and taco sauce; drizzle over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.
A great dish to throw together on a busy weeknight, that is guaranteed to keep the whole family happy....mine certainly enjoyed it!<br/>Made for PRMR.
This recipe proves once again that simple preparations are often the best. I used a medium salsa and left out the salt. I also removed the cover in the last few minutes of cooking. The chicken was tender, moist and flavorful, and not a scrap was left over! Thanks for posting.
Simple Salsa Chicken and the Saint's football game this afternoon...tequila and a cigar. What a combo. It was ON tonight! Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.