Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ok, so this can serve 10 people, if each person only has one piece, but I'm thinking it will fit 5 people perfectly. This recipe was scaled down from quite a high number, so feel free to add more seasonings, sauce or cheese if desired. Also, you can top with sour cream when serving.
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 14.78 ml taco seasoning
- 118.29 ml picante sauce (a)
- 36.97 ml picante sauce (a)
- 118.29 ml picante sauce (b)
- 36.97 ml picante sauce (b)
- 70.87 g shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray (or lightly grease).
- Place chicken in the dish and sprinkle with taco seasoning and .5 cup plus 2.5 tablespoons of picante sauce (a).
- Bake at 375 degrees until internal temp reaches 170 degrees (25 to 35 minutes).
- Add another .5 cup plus 2.5 tablespoons of picante sauce (b) and the 2.5 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
This is so easy and comes out a taste treat - I used a couple of thighs and a couple of breasts and cut the recipe back accordingly. Takes minutes to put together and then it minds itself until the last addition of the salsa & cheddar. I did add a dollop of Light sour cream served with Patty Pan Squash, Carrots & Green Beans Thanks Bec for posting