Recipe by Galley Wench
Great way to use left-over salmon or canned salmon! Believe this was one of the winners of a Pillsbury Bakeoff---many, many years ago! Now that there are only two of us, I cut the recipe in half. Over the years I've found that I don't like canned soups so started making my own . . .Cream Soup Substitutes. It's easy and a lot healthier!
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Very tasty - if a little more work than I'm wont to go to for a quick lunch. I halved the recipe (2 tblsps of beaten egg) and, as we don't get cream of anything in Greece, sauteed 1 minced stalk of celery in butter until wilted, added flour, and used the celery roux to make up 1 cup of bechamel sauce.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) canned salmon, drained, diced and flaked
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs or 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup finely chopped onions or 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls (or Crescent Roll Sheets)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup (Cream Soup Substitutes)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon graded onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bow combine, egg, salmon, bread or cracker crunbs, cheese, mayo, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper and curry.
- Separate 1 can crescent dough into 4 rectangles, firmly pressing perforation to seal.
- Place rectangles 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie shee.
- Spread 1/4 of filling on each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of all edges.
- Separate remaining can of crescent dough into 4 rectangles, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Place over filling, sealing edges with fork.
- Bake a 37t degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Cut each sandwich into 2 triangles.
- Serve warm with sauce.
- To make sauce: Combine all ingredients in saucepan and heat over medium heat until smooth.