Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This came about one night when pasta salad was on the menu but I wasn't in the mood for chicken. It would probably be good with parmesan or feta cheese added...mmmm. Cooking time includes chilling time. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat penne
- 8 ounces salmon fillets
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, to taste (I use several healthy shakes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Broil salmon until cooked through and set aside. (I like to pour some dressing over the salmon before broiling for more flavor).
- Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last three minutes of cooking, add veggies to the pot. Drain all together.
- Once salmon has cooled, cut into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Add veggie/pasta mix, then add remaining ingredients. Chill before serving.