Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favorite salmon patty recipe. I am posting this so I won't lose it. It was on the back of a Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon packett.
- 1 (6 ounce) envelope salmon
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped (can use green pepper)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (seasoned)
- Combine first seven ingredients in bowl. Stir in salmon, egg and 1/3 - cup breadcrumbs. Form mixture into four balls, I use an ice cream scoop and it makes 4 perfect patties. Roll salmon balls in remaining breadcrumbs; flatten into cakes about 1/2 - inch thick. In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Fry three to four minutes per side or until golden brown.