Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is my favorite salmon patty recipe. I am posting this so I won't lose it. It was on the back of a Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon packett.
- 1 (6 ounce) envelope salmon
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped (can use green pepper)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (seasoned)
- Combine first seven ingredients in bowl. Stir in salmon, egg and 1/3 - cup breadcrumbs. Form mixture into four balls, I use an ice cream scoop and it makes 4 perfect patties. Roll salmon balls in remaining breadcrumbs; flatten into cakes about 1/2 - inch thick. In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Fry three to four minutes per side or until golden brown.
I love these! I noticed that the smaller packages of salmon I purchased didn't have this recipe, so I thought I would check and see if someone else had posted -thanks! :) They are really easy to make and I sometimes just mix all of the breadcrumbs into them and then drop big spoonfuls into the hot pan instead of messing with patting them out. My kids love them, and even my husband who turns green at the mention of "salmon cakes" (due to some horrible ones he had to consume during his childhood) likes them. I bet you could even sub greek yogurt for some or all of the mayo to make it healthier.