Recipe by LatinaAtHeart
I don't know if this is where it originates, but our Thanksgiving company that was visiting from Portugal made this salad and it was awesome, simply put. I only knew what was in the salad, not the amounts, so I just eyeballed the amounts.
Top Review by mplsgirl
This sounds really strange, but it's REALLY good. It doesn't taste nearly as salty as you'd think it would, but I love love love the flavor. As easy as this is, I'll definitely be making it often. Thanks!
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, cut into about 1-2 inch pieces
- olive oil (probably about 1/4 cup)
- balsamic vinegar (probably about 1/3 cup)
- salt (preferably kosher salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Devein, wash, dry and rip lettuce into pieces.
- Place a single layer, roughly, into a salad bowl and sprinkle with salt. Repeat layering and salting process with remaining lettuce.
- Add onion.
- Drizzle on olive oil and then balsamic vinegar to your liking.