Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love these topped with a runny egg. The secret is to grate the potatoes when they are cold to ensure a good rosti.
- Scrub the potatoes but leave the skin on.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 7 minutes and allow to cool completely. When cool grate into a bowl.
- Heat 15g of the butter and cook the onion until soft. Stir the onion mix into the potato.
- Melt half of the remaining butter in a frying pan and add the potato mixture forming it into a cake shape.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the bottom of the cake is brown.
- Melt the remaining butter and pour over the top of the cake. turn the rosti over and cook until golden.
Good. I made it exactly as it said and it was fine - crispy on the outside and moist inside.