1/10 Photos of Simple Rosemary Lamb Chops
The simplest of treatments often brings out the best of flavours. Do these in the fry pan or on a BBQ. We like our lamb chops cooked though rather than pink... and we often use more olive oil than stated because then the fat around the edge of the chops caramalises and gets lovely and crispy. Cooking time is approximate because it really depends on how rare to well done you prefer your meat and how thick your chops are. *DO* pick these up and eat them with your fingers. Guests thought we were mad but after trying them, sticky fingers all around the table were diving into the serving dish for more! I have some small hand towels that I dampen slightly and wrap well in cling film before everyone arrives. Put them in the microwave for a minute or so, hand them out to guests to clean their hands on afterwards, but be careful, there will be a lot of steam as the first bit of cling film comes off, but it's a classy cleanup and guest will be impressed :) ZWT REGION: New Zealand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the butter and olive oil together in a fry pan.
- 2Pepper the lamb chops well.
- 3Put them into the hot oil and then turn over after a minutes so that they are sealed and seared to keep the juices inches.
- 4On the top side only add 3/4 of the fresh rosemary. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- 5Turn the chops over and cook for as long as you need to get the insides to the "doneness" that you prefer, add a small amount of salt once you have turned them over.
- 6If you like your chops to be cooked though, turn the heat down just a little at this point so that they don't burn.
- 7Drain off the excess fat and serve with the remaining rosemary sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Rosemary Lamb Chops
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1472.0
- Calories from Fat 1207
- Total Fat 134.1 g
- Saturated Fat 52.1 g
- Cholesterol 296.4 mg
- Sodium 264.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 62.1 g