Recipe by Elisabetta47
These are perfect for those diet times when you want something that feels like dessert.
Top Review by Debbwl
Could not get bosc pears so used a French Silk pears which worked out perfectly and were so cream and silky that each bite was a sheer delight. The pumpkin pie spice and slivered almonds offered a wonderful contrast to the sweet silky French Silk pears. Thanks so much for the post.
- 4 bosc pears, large, halved and cored
- 1 tablespoon butter
- spice island pumpkin pie spice (or any combo of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, etc.)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease 8 half-pear shapes on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle Pumpkin Pie Spice liberally over the buttered areas.
- Place each cored, UNPEELED pear half on each greased spot.
- Bake at 350° (180°C) for 20-30 minutes, until the pears are oozing and a fork goes in easily.
- Cool on the pan.
- Serve warm with cut sides up, sprinkled with the slivered, toasted almonds.