Booyah! This velvety soup is a sweet and savory bowl of comfort with a surprising cinnamon kick.
Make and share this Simple Roasted Butternut Squash Cinnamon Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Roast the butternut squash, flesh side down onto a lightly oiled roasting pan for 40 to 45 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
- In the mean time, sautee the onion, ginger, and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add the broth, simmer for ten minutes.
- Add pulp from the butternut squash (that you've scooped out).
- Puree in a food processor or blender (or I use a mixing wand right in the pot).
- Return to pan.
- Add cream, salt, pepper, and a pinch or 2 of cinnamon.
- Simmer until heated through.