Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Booyah! This velvety soup is a sweet and savory bowl of comfort with a surprising cinnamon kick.
Make and share this Simple Roasted Butternut Squash Cinnamon Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Roast the butternut squash, flesh side down onto a lightly oiled roasting pan for 40 to 45 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
- In the mean time, sautee the onion, ginger, and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add the broth, simmer for ten minutes.
- Add pulp from the butternut squash (that you've scooped out).
- Puree in a food processor or blender (or I use a mixing wand right in the pot).
- Return to pan.
- Add cream, salt, pepper, and a pinch or 2 of cinnamon.
- Simmer until heated through.
wonderful, simply delicious, there is not too many more words to describe this soup, all the flavors blend wonderful together, I love the addition of the fresh ginger, I increaded the garlic by 2 large cloves (can never have too much garlic lol!) also added in a pinch of cayenne pepper, thanks for sharing such a wonderful soup recipe that my family thoroughly enjoyed tonight!
This was amazing! I have never tasted such good soup, if I don't mind complimenting myself! I skipped the butter, just sauteed the onion in veg. oil. I also had an old leek left in the fridge, so I chopped that up and sauteed it with the onion. I used my homemade chicken stock and minced some frozen ginger I had in the freezer. It was so delicious after I used my immersion blender to puree the soup, I skipped the cream --- It didn't need it! Thank you! I'm making a second batch right now, checking the ingredient list, and thought I'd leave the review.
Fantastic! Like another reviewer, I omitted the butter (used olive oil) and the heavy cream (used 6 oz of plain, Greek yogurt). I also added a Granny Smith apple -- extra delish! Couldn't decide at the end whether to add cinnamon for sweetness or cayenne for spice, and ultimately forgot to do either. It was superb all the same!