Recipe by Liza at Food.com
Booyah! This velvety soup is a sweet and savory bowl of comfort with a surprising cinnamon kick.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
wonderful, simply delicious, there is not too many more words to describe this soup, all the flavors blend wonderful together, I love the addition of the fresh ginger, I increaded the garlic by 2 large cloves (can never have too much garlic lol!) also added in a pinch of cayenne pepper, thanks for sharing such a wonderful soup recipe that my family thoroughly enjoyed tonight!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large butternut squash (at least 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 -2 pinch cinnamon
- sour cream, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the butternut squash, flesh side down onto a lightly oiled roasting pan for 40 to 45 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
- In the mean time, sautee the onion, ginger, and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add the broth, simmer for ten minutes.
- Add pulp from the butternut squash (that you've scooped out).
- Puree in a food processor or blender (or I use a mixing wand right in the pot).
- Return to pan.
- Add cream, salt, pepper, and a pinch or 2 of cinnamon.
- Simmer until heated through.