1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe at www.nutsforalmonds.com. My huband loves almonds but the already roasted pre-package variety are by far too salty for him. And the Smoked ones he does not care for the flavor. So thus started my hunt for the below recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2Bring a saucepan three-fourths full of water to a boil over high heat, add the almonds and boil for 30 seconds Drain, then immediately wrap the almonds in a kitchen towel and rub them in the towel to loosen the skins Pinch the almonds from the skins; the almonds should slip out easily This step is optional and can be skipped.
- 3Transfer the almonds to a heavy rimmed baking sheet.
- 4Add the oil and toss to coat evenly.
- 5Add the salt and toss again.
- 6Place in the oven and toast, stirring the almonds once or twice so they brown evenly (about every 5 minutes), until golden brown and fragrant, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 7Transfer to paper towels to cool completely, about 1 hour, before serving.
- 8Adjustments: Omit oil and salt and toast as directed above for plain roasted almonds.
- 9Be sure to purchase fresh almonds and not almonds that are"smoked" or"salted"- those are generally already roasted.
- 10Total time is listed as 1 hour 30 minutes, with the"cooking" time as time allowed for almonds to cool completely.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Roasted Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 102.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g