Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a simple way to get delicious comfort food with minimal effort. I like to make this when I have dinner guests in a casual setting and serve it with mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, and green beans. Because it's so simple you can spend a little more time on the side dishes. As a bonus, my children love it. I think the original recipe came from Taste of Home, but I've tweaked it.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Place roast in a slow cooker, cut in half if necessary.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, mix, and water. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours until meat is tender.
The gravy was delicious with this! Thanks for sharing!