Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple dinner with a Japanese spin.
- 10 ounces sliced beef (shoulder or rump)
- 4 long scallions
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons mirin
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Slice beef into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Cut Scallions crosswise into 1 inch lengths.
- Mix mirin and soy sauce.
- Marinade beef with mirin and soy sauce for 10 minutes.Separate beef from marinade.
- Bring the marinade for the beef to a boil. Put in beef and cook for about 2 minutes, or until done.
- Add scallions and turn off heat.
- Fill rice bowls with rice and place beef on top. Pour equal amounts of beef 'sauce' on top.
- Serve hot.