- 2 cups leftover cooked white rice
- 3 cups milk (any kind-but I like whole milk)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cooked rice, milk, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer
- Stir in the vanilla and raisins
- Cook until just about all of the milk is absorbed (30-45 minutes, depending on how absorbent your rice is).
- Stir in cinnamon and/or nutmeg, if using.
- Serve warm or chilled.